Open My Eyes
This morning I didn’t want to open my eyes and get out of bed. I know it’s not true, but I try to convince myself that if I don’t open my eyes, I will go back to sleep for another hour. Once my eyes open for the first time in the morning, my mind becomes active, and I think about all the things I could or should be doing.
There are so many things to open each day as I wander around my apartment in my morning stupor:
- I open the blinds to let the daylight brighten my outlook.
- I open the fridge to get some juice or milk.
- I open my mind to allow positive thoughts to form.
- I open my email to see what the Daily Prompt will be.
- I open my journal to record the fragments of my nights’ dreams.
There is an infinite number of possibilities open to each of us every day. I try to choose the ones that will inspire me to be better at whatever it is I do. But mostly I do the same thing that I do every other day, move to my chair and watch television. Though lately, I have been working on my website, editing, and creating blog posts and polishing the design to make things look better. Another reason to open my eyes.