Starting my website re-build. I have been working very hard today. Deciding the other day, I would rebuild my website from the ground up. After several hours of looking around for an easy way to do what I wanted to do, I decided that I had to do it page by page. There were no plugins that would copy to text so I could save it in a word processor.
After this experimentation, I found the easiest way to copy things is to copy the HTML. Not a hard process but a very tedious process, and very time consuming. To record all the components of my web pages and posts, there was a need to go through three different steps to make sure I got all the information needed.
After recording the information from my website, I wanted to keep, the reverse task had to start. Recreating my website is another tedious and time-consuming task. One thing I forgot to record is what photos I attached to the pages and posts. Sometimes, while restoring the information, I had to recreate and guess what photos to add to the pages.
A big part of the cleanup I wanted to do for my WordPress site was to get rid of all the unused photographs. To resize and re compress the pictures so pages will load faster. After reconfiguring the photographs, I ran a speed test and found that the picture sizes were too large. I have tried several photograph compression programs over the past few months and have noticed little different between one program and another. Initially, when I started using the theme HESTIA, they recommended a program called optimal.
I have installed that program and will now see how well my website rates on the speed test. A continuation of my work I don’t think it will ever end.